Kalahari Melon Seed Oil
The Kalahari melon seed oil or ootonga oil is pressed from the seed of the Kalahari melon. The Kalahari melon grows in the Kalahari Desert, a semi-arid desert in southern Africa, that covers portions of Botswana, Namibia and South Africa. It has long been prized by the San people that travel across the desert because it is a source of water when no water is available.
Why Kalahari melon seed oil is amazing:
- Absorbs very fast.
- Combats wrinkles.
- Enriching and helps to promote elasticity.
- Excellent for normal, oily, and dehydrated skin.
- Great for use on hair and scalp as it does not clog pores or hair follicles and can extend color protection.
- High omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acid content.
- Rich in oleic, palmitic, stearic acids and it is particularly high in linoleic acid (50 to 70%).
- Moisturizes and smooths dry, irritated skin.
- Promotes the rejuvenation and repair of skin cells.
- Rich in phytosterols, plant sterols that help repair the skin’s moisture barrier. Making it a great option for dehydrated skin.